East Shore Lodging is committed to a sustainable future and has implemented a number of green practices that are environmentally and socially responsible.
- 3 kW Photovoltaic Solar System– installation of 18 Sharp panels and an SMA inverter in June 2010 (by CalCat Solar, Inc.) that produces 3150 watts of electricity to a portion of the business office.
- Recycling Dumpster – in addition to regular garbage removal, we’ve added a recycling dumpster to the property. Waste Management allows for commingling of the recycling so no need to sort glass, aluminum, plastic & paper.
- Recycling Cards – encouraging guests to recycle their in-room garbage.
- Recycling Garbage Cans – in all rooms so guests have a place to put their recycling.
- Turn off Lights, TV, HVAC signs – encouraging guests to turn everything off when leaving the room.
- Towel Signs - encouraging guests to re-use their towels.
- CFL bulbs in all the rooms – replacement of incandescent light bulbs with CFL light bulbs.
- Soap recycling program - donation of used soap to Clean The World, a non-profit organization that donates soap to domestic homeless shelters and impoverished countries.
- Blue recycling containers in office - office paper, newspaper, mail, etc.
- CFL light bulb recycling - old CFL’s are put in recycling bucket in recycling area.
- Battery recycling – basket in the recycling area for batteries.
- Toner cartridge recycling – company comes in and picks up used cartridges.
- Shopping bags – encourage customers to purchase the Envirosax re-usable shopping bags.
- Participation in the county electronics & appliance recycling programs – bring TVs, water coolers, refrigerators, computers, printers, etc. to the program and dispose of items properly.